Comprehensive ABA Treatment Program Development for children with ASD and other developmental disorders
The ABA treatment program includes all supervision and therapy services required to implement an intensive one-to-one (1:1) ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) program.
- Educational and behavior assessments
- Design comprehensive, age-appropriate curriculum and treatment programs tailored to address all areas of the child's needs (ages 18 months and older)
- Regular progress reporting based on extensive data collection
- Parent, Sibling, and Teacher Training
- Development of Functional Behavior Analysis / Assessments for School Districts and Long Term Care Providers
Intensive one-to-one (1:1) Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy in home and school settings with:
- Trained therapists with experience and knowledge of ABA principles and techniques
- Regular data collection to measure progress
- Therapists trained in a wide variety of protocols including Discrete Trial Training (DTT), Natural Environment Training (NET), Verbal Behavior (VB) and other techniques.
Consulting and Training
Behavior Keys will develop a treatment program for an individual child and train school or daycare staff. As consultants, we provide regular ongoing support to school or daycare staff to assist them to implement programs and provide consistency for the child.
Children learn differently. Behavior Keys offers evaluation and tutorial instruction based on each child's learning styles to find their most effective methods and techniques for learning.
Each child is different and unfortunately children do not come with their own unique instruction manual. The entire family unit can be adversely affected due to one child's behavior. Behavior Keys will offer parental training and evaluation to help each family function to their maximum potential.
Social Skills Programs
Many individuals with ASD and behavior disorders indeed desire social interaction, however, these individuals typically lack the necessary skills to interact effectively. Behavior Keys has programs to develop your child's social language and interaction skills as well as teaching methods to understand social rules and their contexts.
Functional Life Skills Training
Behavior Keys can assist children in developing adaptive skills (toilet training, dressing, hygiene, and household chores). For our older children, we can assist in teaching basic finance and life skills.
Communication is a necessary foundation for meeting our needs and interacting with others. By unlocking your child’s potential to communicate and interact effectively, you can reduce frustration, improve ability for successful learning and improve overall quality of life. Behavior Keys speech language pathologists are licensed in the state of Texas as well as nationally certified by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association. In addition to having experience specifically with treating children, they hold various additional training/certification in their areas of specialty. These include PROMPT training, social skills intervention training, and specialized training in play-based interventions. We believe that every child is unique. Therefore, we individualize treatment plans and methods to fit each patient’s needs and specific learning styles.
Appropriate nutritional intake is important to physical as well as cognitive development in children. In addition to nutrition, eating is embedded in many daily social situations. Behavior Keys speech-language pathologists and/or occupational therapists address each child’s individual feeding/swallowing deficits including:
- Posture/positioning for optimum feeding and swallowing functioning
- Hand to mouth coordination
- Age appropriate use of utensils
- Suck/swallow/breath coordination
- Oral manipulation of liquids/solids
- Developing appropriate diet that includes a variety food groups and consistencies
- Safe and efficient oral and pharyngeal functioning during swallowing
Occupational therapy is client-centered, therefore, the primarily goal for our occupational therapists is to achieve optimum functioning and to meet goals set by the family and child. We will address fine/gross motor needs including: sequencing for motor planning, eye- hand coordination, visual perception, auditory/sensory-processing, handwriting, and activities of daily living training and/or modifications to assist in the family, home, and community. These goals will be accomplished within occupational therapy sessions full of fun and enjoyable activities. Every child is different; therefore, each treatment session will be tailored by an NBCOT certified and stated licensed therapist to fit the individual needs of your child.
Behavior Keys now offers counseling services! Through counseling, we can improve the quality of life of children, adolescents, adults, and families. In addition to several traditional therapy techniques, our therapist is significantly experienced in the field of Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis. We strive to empower individuals and families to create a life of hope and
Counseling Services offered:
Communication and Coping Skills
Issues related to Autism including sibling and parent support